Grad-Blog
Sunday, June 20, 2004
  The Fraternal Order of Police
Fortunately, I don't have huge problems with spam (especially since I stopped using Hotmail), but I have been getting, for a while, email from The Fraternal Order of Police District of Columbia. The problem is that I'm not a police officer, I don't live in the District of Columbia, and I never signed up for their mailing list. They also have no way of unsubscribing from their list on their website, and when I email them about it I get blocked by some spam filter (it seems they don't like mail from Yahoo!, and I'm too lazy to try another account).

Well, it's not all bad because sometimes these email are good for a laugh. They're usually about social events at their lodge. One event was a show put on by a ventriloquist. Fun. Lately it seems that there's been a large demand for karaoke, so they're giving in and are booking Pat for this weekend. I can't wait for the email that tells me how that goes. That brings me to the big question: How did I get on their email list? The world may never know.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: College Station, Texas, United States

I'm a graduate student in mathematics at Texas A&M University

ARCHIVES
May 2004 / June 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 /


Powered by Blogger